Rechercher dans ce blog

lundi 3 mai 2010

Book Club

I'm on a roll - the 3rd post of the day (and last, I promise).    I wanted to share tonight's bedtime reading with the Big Sister.

'Gros Pipi' by Emile Jadoul is a fantastic piece of propaganda, designed to make your child comfortable going to the toilet on their own in the night (and thus saving you some precious moments of sleep).  The illustrations are beautiful and simple and the story is designed to appeal to parents too.  I originally bought this to read on a Eurostar journey, not taking into account that I would end up reading it aloud in my halting French to a fascinated carriage of Franglish travellers, with my daughter squealing 'Piiiipiiiiiiiii'...

'I want my Mum' is another in the Little Princess series.  Apparently there's also a TV programme, but we haven't succumbed to that as yet.  Again, the story holds interest for the adult reading it, with a little twist at the end of the tale and some validation for Mum.  I think it sunk into my dear daughter's subconscious, as when I shut the door, she was muttering 'my mama' to herself.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire